CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Stars

I think some of my favorite memories come from times where I was laying under the stars. I think back to those late night bonfires at Andy's when all of us at Faith would be laying by the bonfire just talking about whatever came to mind, nights spent with Dad setting up the telescope and checkin out the planets, laying out by the pool watching a meteor shower with Ron. Once college came around it didn't stop either...Northland was the best place to look at the stars. I loved seeing the aurora borealis, turning the headlights off at our bonfires by the lake and singing to God, laying out in the middle of the soccer field during preseason, and finishing the long trip back to campus by pulling off on the side of the road just to look at the stars because we lived out in the middle of nowhere and we could do that!

It seems like something inspirational always happens when you're looking at stars. I don't know if that's just because you can finally put things into perspective after you've been reminded how small you are in the grand scheme of things or if its because you actually slowed down enough to think through some things. Either way I haven't done that too often since I've been at Southeastern. But tonight I was able to do that. So many things have changed lately or are about to change and tonight was the perfect night to lay back and think about all of that. I am so excited about what God has been doing in my life lately and the opportunities He has given to me in this next semester. I'm finally starting up classes that will go towards my BSN, I'm back at Providence and I'll be able to start serving there, I'm still studying at SEBTS which suprisingly I'm very excited about, and my job is going well. Believe me things haven't gone the way I thought they would over the last few years but I see God's hand guiding me through it all and tonight I was able to think back over some of that and look forward to this semester. All in all, tonight was a good kickoff to the upcoming semester!

0 comments: