CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Melody's Wedding

This is a little late in coming but one of my closest friends, Melody Fowler, became Melody Shirley just a couple of weeks ago!! I'm so happy for her. She was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. Unfortunately, and as usual, I forgot to charge the battery for my camera so I am without pictures, but just picture this... a small chapel on the top of a mountain on the edge of a cliff; a violinist, cellist, and guitarist; bridesmaids dressed in black; and probably no more than 150 guests. Sounds perfect doesn't it? Well, it was pretty much was as close to perfect as you could get, but the best part is still to come. From the moment the rehearsal begin the wedding planner explained the purpose of this wedding--to be a worship service. The whole wedding was centered around God and glorifying Him for what He had brought together and how their lives were brought together in order to better serve Him. So not only was the bachelorette party a lot of fun, and staying in a beautiful home in the mountains nice, oh and how could I forget learning how to shag (its a southern dance for all of you northerners that are reading this haha) unforgettable, but I just want to take this opportunity to thank Melody and Seth for all of the great memories from their big day and for truly reflecting what a marriage ceremony should be--a time of worship. I love you both and best wishes to you as you begin your lives together as Mr. and Mrs. Seth Shirley! Oh...and if anyone finds a hubcap at the Cliffs at Glassy let me know ;) hahah

0 comments: